It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do we need to copy the server.xml file while registering an application with jts server

anoop mc (74811188221) | asked Oct 16 '14, 5:17 a.m.
 Hi,

I have installed JTS, CCM,QM and RM  using distributed topology as part of setting up CLM 406 environment using SQL Server 2008 R2 as the backend.

While registering a new CCM application do we need to  copy the server.xml file while registering an application with jts server 

Because while running the configure the application for CCM I could see the window accepting the login as ADMIN and ADMIN and not the LDAP user I have used for JTS configuration.

for JTS application I could login using the LDAP user which is configured.

2 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Oct 22 '14, 3:34 a.m.
 I could get this fixed by manually copying the below lines from the server.xml file present on JTS server and pasting the same on to the server.xml file on respective application servers (ccm and for qm).

E:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer406\server\tomcat\conf

</Realm>--><Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" connectionName="<LDAP Details>" connectionPassword="Password" connectionURL="<ldap servername>:3268" referrals="follow" roleBase="OU=Groups,OU=Resources,OU=Bangalore,OU=India,DC=ap,DC=in,DC=ibm,DC=com" roleName="cn" roleSearch="(member={0})" roleSubtree="true" userBase="dc=ibm,dc=com" userSearch="(sAMAccountName={0})" userSubtree="true"/>

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378108) | answered Oct 16 '14, 5:47 a.m.

Hi anoop,

as far as I could see in registering the application, JTS will use a built-in user for each application, like ccm_user, qm_user.
Using a ldap user shouldn't be necessarry.

greetings georg.

Comments
anoop mc commented Oct 16 '14, 6:20 a.m.

Hi Georg,

While launching the application setup with the URL - https://<hostname>:9443/ccm/setup  it will ask for the login credentials - there when I provided the LDAP user which I use for JTS it did not accept where as when I gave ADMIN / ADMIN the default login details it accepted.

Georg Kellner commented Oct 16 '14, 7:30 a.m.

This is correct, as at the point of /ccm/setup the application doesn't know anything about LDAP and so on, this will be configured within the setup.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.