It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with Integrating Sametime with RTC

Gabriel Borges (314) | asked Oct 15 '14, 9:58 p.m.
converted to question Oct 16 '14, 3:53 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
My machine runs Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, RSA 9.1, RTC 4.0.5 and Notes 9.0.1 with embedded Sametime (8.5.2).

I closely followed the instructions from this link http://ibm.co/1sVO6Yu , I successfully installed the Jazz Collaboration in my embedded Sametime 8.5 (in Notes 9.0.1) and I see the Jazz option in my Notes preferences. I also edited the /opt/ibm/notes/framework/rcp/plugin_customization.ini file ADDING a new line at the end as:

com.ibm.collaboration.realtime/startBroker=true

as described in this other question: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/82455/rtc-30-with-notes-85-embedded-sametime

I configured the Instant Messaging option in my RSA 9.1 and when I attempt to connect from RSA I receive this message:

Problems occurred while connecting to collaboration services.  Could not connect to client. Verify that Sametime is running, check that the 'com.ibm.collaboration.realtime/startBroker' property has been set to 'true' in the 'plugin_customization.ini' file of Sametime, check that you are allowed to connect to port 1883 and 51883 on your computer and ensure that all Jazz Collaboration features have been installed into Sametime.
I'm not setting the application to autostart, when configuring the IM option in RSA once the RTC documentation says it's optional.

Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Comments
Phil Rumble commented Oct 15 '14, 10:08 p.m.

I am still no further on this. No process is listening on ports 1883 or 51883 on my local system.

Perhaps the jazz integration into ST is the issue..

Gabriel Borges commented Oct 16 '14, 12:39 a.m.

Yeah, same here. I don't know what is going on and I'm used to setup this in all past versions. However, that's the 1st time I'm using Notes + ST embedded.

3 answers

permanent link
GNANAPRAKASH SELVAKUMAR (1123) | answered Nov 20 '15, 2:53 a.m.
edit property 'com.ibm.collaboration.realtime/startBroker' in below files
/opt/ibm/lotus/Sametime/rcp/plugin_customization.ini
/opt/ibm/lotus/Sametime/rcp/deploy/plugin_customization.ini

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Oct 16 '14, 3:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I installed the Sametime integration with Notes 9.0.1 embedded Sametime along with RTC 4.0.6 and it is working using the documented instructions.
I am not sure where in the initial post RSA 9.1 comes in because I couldn't find Sametime integration instructions for RSA. Have you tried integrating with RTC 4.0.5 client?

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Oct 16 '14, 3:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I installed the Sametime integration with Notes 9.0.1 embedded Sametime along with RTC 4.0.6 and it is working using the documented instructions.
I am not sure where in the initial post RSA 9.1 comes in because I couldn't find Sametime integration instructions for RSA. Have you tried integrating with RTC 4.0.5 client?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.