It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I would like to create a project in RTC to review annually all of the process in an RRC project area

Jacob Robinson (623) | asked Oct 13 '14, 12:20 p.m.
We are currently entering the test phase for a large project that is due to implement next year. Once it has been completed, we need to review each of the processes developed in this project at least once per year.

Can I use RTC to automatically schedule in these reviews based upon criteria I specify? Or would I have to generate work items for every process each year?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 14 '14, 3:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jacob, out of the box, you would have to create work items manually. You could create one, duplicate it and change the planned for/due date/review accordingly. Since this is only once per year, the number is so limited, that automation does not seem to make so much sense (It would be way more expensive than manual creation). Otherwise it would be possible to create automation.

Comments
Jacob Robinson commented Oct 14 '14, 5:02 a.m.

Thank you for the quick reply Ralph.

I suspected that might be the case, it shouldn't be too onerous to create manually for 270 artefacts per year, I had just wondered if there was a quicker way.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 14 '14, 5:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You could. One thought would be to use CSV import. That could help with at least most of the data. You would  have to basically look what you want e.g. in terms of links and if you can automate that using CSV import. You still have to create that data too....

You could also, relatively easily, create automation based on Plain Java Client Libraries or based on OSLC. It is just a question how much you save based on how much you need to invest. To pursue Plain Java Client Libraries automation start here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/understanding-and-using-the-rtc-java-client-api/ and in addition here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.