It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Deliver option works between Streams

Neeraj Sharma (611) | asked Oct 10 '14, 10:08 p.m.
We are planning to replace the SVN with RTC Version Control. Our development team works 2-3 release at a same time and these releases are sequential (R1,R2,R3). So changes done in R1 needs to be manually merge in R2 and R3. For changes in R2 release needs to be manually merge in R3. This manual merge process in different release is very error prone and we get lots of issue due to this. So i want to know that Deliver option of SCM will fulfill this requirement for not to merge the code manually in all these branches. 

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 11 '14, 7:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, as long as there is no conflict (i.e. the same file has been changed in parallel in both the source and target stream), you can deliver directly from one stream (the "source stream") to another stream (the "target stream").   If there is a conflict, you would need to accept both streams into a workspace, merge the conflicts in the workspace, and then you can deliver the result to the target stream.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Oct 13 '14, 8:00 a.m.

Hi Neeraj

I do agree with Geoffrey's comments. Please find the details how you can resolve the conflict on stream when you are trying to deliver the changes between two streams ( Stream1 and Stream2)

Merging should happen on the RWS level not on the streams.

1) Create a new RWS or use the existing RWS.

2) When you open a repo workspace, you have a section called "Flow targets", which contains by your Stream1 characterized as "Default").

3) Add to it the Stream source (the Stream from which you want to merge : Stream 2), set it as "current", and you will see in your "Pending changes" view an "Incoming" section with all the change sets or baselines coming from that source Stream1.

4) The idea is for you to accept those change set, and it will create a new Unresloved folder and modify the confilict changes accordingly ( merge)

5) Open RWS Change the flow target Stream status ( Stream1 ) and then deliver them back to your "default" stream.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.