It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test-Result XML-file-tag-name

Niklas Wikenhauser (62) | asked Oct 10 '14, 9:03 a.m.
edited Oct 10 '14, 3:24 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
hi all,

I'm working on the FVT for IDAA and we have actually a problem with the automated uploading of test results to the RQM.
The test-results-XML-tag-names are hard coded but changed somehow when RTC changed from V3 to V4.

// RQM Execution Result XML Tags
public static final String xml_tag_title      = "ns6:title" ;
public static final String xml_tag_owner      = "ns5:owner" ;
// public static final String xml_tag_weight     = "ns10:weight" ; // RTC V3
public static final String xml_tag_weight     = "ns13:weight" ; // RTC V4

The problem is now, that there are older XML-results that contain the old tags and some the new.
I can't find out, how the tag-names are chosen...  were they randomly chosen by the developer or is there a rule how they must be named to be identified in RQM?
So my question is:    Is there a tag-name that i have to use when i want to change the hard-coded version?
                                 And if yes, from where do i get it?  Or should i use a .xsd?
                                 xml-schema-docu

Or is it more clever to use a Regex  (e.g.  "ns(\\d{1,2}):(\\w+)" ) to identify a right tag and use the same again for upload?  (doesn't solve the problem from where the tag-names come)

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 14 '14, 7:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RQM Reportable REST API uses test resources/properties defined in the RQM XML schema.  You can view the RQM XML schema documentation for a particular release at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Detailed_Schema_Documentation. 

In your case, you are using the generated name space prefix (e.g. ns10), which is not guaranteed to be the same.  If new properties/name spaces are added, these generated name space prefixes will change.  Instead, you should be using the full name space (see https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-5.0.1/xmlns-bindings.html).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.