It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I am getting error while I am trying to install the Visual Studio Plugin using Installation Manager

Anbarasu Arivoli (811728) | asked Oct 09 '14, 8:08 a.m.
edited Oct 15 '14, 3:31 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
Dear Experts,

We are using RTC 4.0.6 in our company and use a standard bat file to install RTC silently, when we tried to install using the standard bat file to install RTC visual studio plugin, I got the below error,

Installing RTC 4.0.6 VS2010 IDE Installer in silent mode, please wait...

ERROR: Installation data has incompatible version 1.7.3; expected 1.7.0. Newer version of the Installation Manager was used on this system.

java.io.IOException: Installation data has incompatible version 1.7.3; expected 1.7.0. Newer version of the Installation Manager was used on this system.

00:06.17 ERROR [main] com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication run

Installation data has incompatible version 1.7.3; expected 1.7.0. Newer version of the Installation Manager was used on this system.

java.io.IOException: Installation data has incompatible version 1.7.3; expected 1.7.0. Newer version of the Installation Manager was used on this system.

at com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistryParser.parse(InstallRegistryParser.java:160)

at com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry.load(InstallRegistry.java:679)

at com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry.openFile(InstallRegistry.java:485)

at com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry.open(InstallRegistry.java:429)

After seeing this, I found that the user already installed RTC using Installation Manager 1.7.0 and so I uninstalled it, but while uninstalled it didnt ask for uninstall its related packages and also when I check the installed packages it dint show up the RTC package and no Installation Manager folder present in C drive Program Files.

After uninstalling I again tried the silent install, it again failed with same error, so I tried to install tjhe IM 1.7.3, at that time I am getting the below error 

ERROR: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No metadata found for installed package com.ibm.team.install.rtc.client.eclipse 4.0.6000.RTC-I20140205-1437-r406.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No metadata found for installed package com.ibm.team.install.rtc.client.eclipse 4.0.6000.RTC-I20140205-1437-r406.

com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry$ProfileInstallRegistry.getInstalledOfferings(InstallRegistry.java:1419)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.AgentUtil$SingletonOfferingCheck.<init>(AgentUtil.java:1907)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.AgentUtil.doValidateCompatibleOfferings(AgentUtil.java:675)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.AgentUtil.validateCompatibleJobs(AgentUtil.java:630)

com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.doInstall(Director.java:954)

com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.install(Director.java:631)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.install(Agent.java:1797)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.install(Agent.java:1738)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.internal.commands.InstallCommand.execute(InstallCommand.java:244)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.internal.commands.AbstractInstallCommand.execute(AbstractInstallCommand.java:336)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.internal.commands.Input.executeCommands(Input.java:358)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.run(HeadlessApplication.java:599)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.run(HeadlessApplication.java:482)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runAndReport(HeadlessApplication.java:492)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runAgentNoStdout(HeadlessApplication.java:446)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runAgent(HeadlessApplication.java:194)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.run(HeadlessApplication.java:151)

com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runHeadlessApplication(HeadlessApplication.java:178)

com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIApplication.launch(AgentUIApplication.java:180)

com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIApplication.start(AgentUIApplication.java:83)

org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)

org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)

sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)

java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

Installation Manager is not present in Registry (regedit) also.

Please help me resolve this.

Thanks

Anbarasu

One answer

permanent link
Prabodh Mairh (3812) | answered Oct 22 '14, 3:10 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I came across this thread while looking for this issue during installation of "Installation Manager".
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/18765/reinstall-error-no-metadata-found-for-installed-package

It suggests steps to do a clean-up and reinstall of "Installation Manager".

Please let us know if this helps. You would want to do a clean installation of the "Installation Manager" first, and then use it to install RTC client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.