It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to tell what project area a personal dashboard is in

Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | asked Oct 08 '14, 6:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

When I create a personal dashboard, I choose a project area that the dashboard is created in. 
Later on, I open the dashboard from the "All Personal Dashboards" page. How do I tell what project area the owns the dashboard? 

Thanks,
Ruby 

Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 09 '14, 5:46 a.m.
The project area that you choose when creating a personal dashboard is the default(?) provider of the widget, not where the dashboard will go into. As Ralph said, it goes to JTS. In fact, widgets in the dashboard can display data from different project areas.For a particular widget, click on the downward arrow and choose "Settings", and the "Project" attribute will show where the data come from.

Comments
Martha (Ruby) Andrews commented Oct 09 '14, 12:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you, Ralph and Donald.

So, what area is used to control the permissions for dashboard operations? I had thought it was the area I selected when I created the dashboard. 

For instance, in my project area, I can set the permission for "Delete Personal Dashboard" so that only a certain role is allowed to do it. How do I know whether a particular personal dashboard will use those permissions? 

Thanks,
Ruby  

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 10 '14, 2:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Really good question - I don't have the faintest idea.

Donald Nong commented Oct 13 '14, 1:57 a.m. | edited Oct 13 '14, 1:59 a.m.

Ruby, according to this post, only the owner can modify a personal dashboard.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/100995/personal-dashboard-permissions-and-rights
Of course it's different story for project dashboards.
I cannot find an operation called "Delete Personal Dashboard". I don't know how the operation "Save Personal Dashboard" permission will affect anything either.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 09 '14, 2:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Martha,

for all I know the dashboard resides on the JTS and is not related to the project area.
If you create the dashboard the only relationship is that you can choose a template optimized for one application (e.g. CCM) and in that case you select a project area to populate your widgets. However the dashboard itself is not related to any project area in particular.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.