It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing Dashboard for User

Bob Zurn (61162) | asked May 11 '09, 7:07 a.m.
I added a user to RQM 1.0.1. User can access RQM but is missing the "User Name's Dashboard" in the Home Tab. I added the user to another Project in RQM and Dashboard appears for that project. I also updated users privileges and still not dashboard in the Quality Manager project. Any suggestions?

4 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered May 12 '09, 8:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, can you see the user's name listed when you look at the Members of the RQM Project from the Admin/Jazz Project Administration page? Did you clear the cache and restart the browser? Thanks.

permanent link
Bob Zurn (61162) | answered May 12 '09, 1:59 p.m.
We tried all the above. We've used both FireFox and IE. What happens if a user deletes all the tabs in the Dashboard? I don't think this happened, but was wondering. Also assigned tasks to that user hoping this would force the "My Tasks" viewlet to appear. Dashboard appears for all other projects except for the Quality Manager project.
(RQM 1.0.1)

permanent link
Craig Lawton (2121) | answered May 14 '09, 9:28 a.m.
It is not possible to close the Home tab, which is the tab that contains the dashboard. What happens if you create another user, do they get a dashboard?

permanent link
Bob Zurn (61162) | answered May 14 '09, 10:56 a.m.
Correct, you can not close/delete the HomeTab. I was thinking the General, and other custom sub-tabs (Add New Tab). This user's Home Tab is completely blank. No Add Viewlet, Delete, Refresh, Auto-Save icons. Just a blank gray header. Clicking inside this area had no effect.

New users get the Dashboard. Everyone else has a Dashboard.

I was thinking of deleting the user and recreating to see what happens. Just a little extreme, so I want to try a few other options before doing that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.