It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Burnup dashboard widget parameters are blank

Rob Logie (33825041) | asked Oct 07 '14, 7:40 p.m.
Hi
I am trying to insert a burnup widget in a dashboard on RTC V4.0.6 .  However when I try and access the parameters the selection boxes are all blank, as shown below

Burnup Parameters

But a basic graph is produced
Widget Graph

Does anyone know what is going wrong with the widget and why I cannot select any parameters.  I believe, the datawarehouse jobs are running on the system.

Thanks in advance

Rob

2 answers

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Oct 08 '14, 5:05 p.m.
Hi Ralph
I followed up with the team managing the server and it turns out that the DW jobs for RTC where actually not running (All the other DW jobs where).
Fixing the DW jobs for RTC has fixed the problem !
Unfortunately we do not have the permissions to check the status of the DW jobs.  Maybe a enhancement request could be to allow people with non-jazzadmins permissions to at least check the status of DW jobs ?

Cheers
Rob

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 09 '14, 1:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am glad it is now working for you. Feel free to request an enhancement. Please accept the answer.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 08 '14, 3:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have seen this a few times when either one of the conditions were true
  1. The data collection Jobs never ran or completed
  2. There was no (work item) data with the associated information that would allow the data collection to provide the data

For the widget above to be able to run, you need

At least a team area and a category associated to that team area

Work items (probably top level and execution items) with complexity and estimates, filed against the category of said team area that are planned for an iteration on the timeline the team area works on.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.