It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does Jenkins team concert plugin discards the changeset

nanda S (201619) | asked Oct 07 '14, 2:00 a.m.
edited Oct 08 '14, 3:32 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi ,

I am using the team concert plug-in and facing a problem, where the change-sets are discarded .

Example:
I make some changes (Adding a folder or a sub folder to the workspace which being checked out).

Then Check-in operation is also completed successfully.

I trigger the Build.

The Jenkins team concert plug-in discards the change-sets.

Why is it so ? Is there any folder structure tot be followed in the RTC when check-in is done.

Thanks
Nanda.S

2 answers

permanent link
Murali Grandhi (134) | answered Nov 06 '14, 6:45 a.m.
This is Murali.

We are also having same issue. Initially, we were able to give the build successfully with the following procedure.

Stream --> Create workspace1 --> Load the Components to Sandbox --> Modify the required files --> Using Pending Changes option the changes are pushed from Sandbox to Repository workspace --> Checkin by associating the changes to Changeset --> Build is triggered --> Changesets are accepted --> Build is triggered successfully.

We recently updated RTC from 4.0.6 to 5.0.1. After this the same is not working. It is throwing a comment that Changesets are discarded.

permanent link
Philippe Mulet (55112) | answered Oct 07 '14, 3:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you also deliver your changes to source control ?
Check in only pushes your local changes to server side, in your workspace; you still have to deliver them to a stream to share them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.