It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

is it possible to show info message after saving Work Item?

Miguel Tomico (5001323) | asked Oct 02 '14, 8:54 a.m.
We are developing an operationParticipant when saving work items.
We have implemented followup actions and validations displaying an error when IReportInfo. It's working beautifully.

But, in some cases, we would like to be able to save the work item but displaying a warning message in a similar way as the IReportInfo does.
The problem is, once the work item is saved using the saveWorkItem3 method, RTC seems to ignore any info messages and the user will only see the work item has been saved.

Any idea how to achieve it? Or any workaround to emulate a warning message in a very visible place?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 07 '14, 7:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
By default, the Team Advisor shows only errors. You can wrap your message into a warning, I guess. You would have to disable show errors only to see the warning.

I am not aware of other ways. Pop up windows are frowned upon. If you think you need more, please open an enhancement request.
Miguel Tomico selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001323) | answered Oct 07 '14, 9:09 a.m.
Thank you, Ralph.
A warning in the Team Advisor is exactly what I have done. It was a nice-to-have, anyway.
I'll open an enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.