It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test environment types inheritance in child test plans

Hivzo C. (1769) | asked Sep 30 '14, 7:24 a.m.

Hi.

Can someone please confirm to me whether this is a bug, or "works as designed":

I have defined test environment for a parent test plan. After creating a child test plan from the parent test plan, all the test environments get inherited into the newly created child test plan.

Is this with purpose?

I use CLM v4.0.3 in IE10

3 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Sep 30 '14, 7:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This appears to be a defect if you are using the Add New Child Plan toolbar button (compared to the Duplicate toolbar button).  Please open a RQM defect.

Comments
Hivzo C. commented Sep 30 '14, 8:00 a.m.

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the answer.

If this has been fixed to post-versions of 4.0.3 then it does not make sense to create a defect. Unless you are providing some kind of hotfix for older versions.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Sep 30 '14, 8:05 a.m.

This symptom is reproducible in RQM 5.0.2 (development).

permanent link
roman kris (11) | answered Mar 30 '21, 3:19 a.m.

Check this one for....Different Types of Inheritance

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Dec 10 '14, 11:16 p.m.
My apologies, but I was mistaken. 

All the sections/content are duplicated in the child test when clicking the Add New Child Plan toolbar button (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_create_master_testplan.html).  This is working as designed in RQM 5.0.2.

Note, schedules were removed from the child test in Server is not creating test schedules for child plan items (91408).  There is an open enhancement to add test schedules back (see Inherit test schedules of parent test plan when creating child test plans (101417)). 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.