It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC have load log indicating who/when/what files are loaded?

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Sep 24 '14, 6:06 a.m.
RTC4.0.6+WAS used.
There is a security request to know load log in RTC for some project areas from which the users wants to know who/when/what files are loaded in the project. I don't see the info in Eclipse client's workspace .log file and ccm.log files. I am wondering whether RTC has such load log anywhere.
Does anyone know if it is existing or if there is any way to track/record the activities?

Thank you very much.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 24 '14, 2:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/SCMScaa

That will explain how to enable Source Control logging. It logs read access to resources shared into Source Control.
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 24 '14, 8:39 p.m. | edited Sep 24 '14, 8:51 p.m.

Thanks Tim for the article.
I tried to enable the logging and did some load/unload against JKE Banking sample in v406. There is no such scaa_content.log created as per the article but I see the debug entries got recorded in ccm.log file like below:

2014-09-25 10:05:37,078 [http-bio-9443-exec-35 @@ 10:05 dyang /ccm/service/com.ibm.team.scm.common.IVersionedContentService/content/com.ibm.team.filesystem/FileItem/_em3kQe4LEeOJb9X_MULqSQ/_endabu4LEeOJb9X_MULqSQ/OtYCwWGVtCwrZlQ36ZoeX4yVkfo_2Ngeu_2PU4F2yig] DEBUG scm_scaa                 -SCAA:dyang/FileItem,TransactionHistoryWidget.java,_em3kQe4LEeOJb9X_MULqSQ,_endabu4LEeOJb9X_MULqSQ/Java UI,_dcxvsO4LEeOJb9X_MULqSQ

From above, my understanding is that TransactionHistoryWidget.java in component Java UI was loaded by dyang at 2014-09-25 10:05:37. That looks good.  Since I only did load(unload seems to log nothing), how can I tell from the log it is "load" activity but not others(if any) or only load activity would be logged here?

Tim Mok commented Sep 25 '14, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It's a read access log. That's the level of logging implemented. You'll have to open an RFE if you want something more specific in the logging.

Don Yang commented Sep 27 '14, 8:12 a.m.

Thanks Tim.

One other answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Sep 24 '14, 6:27 a.m.
edited Sep 24 '14, 6:28 a.m.
Hi Don,
I am not aware of that log. I would expect that in RTC you can restrict workspace/stream visibility and you should control it in that way.

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 24 '14, 8:40 p.m.

Thanks Krzysztof. The point is valid that the user should restrict access if security is a concern.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.