It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you get rid of the warning for allowing the reporiting server to collaborate with a CLM server?

Geoffrey Rosenthal (10135) | asked Sep 23 '14, 7:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 24 '14, 6:44 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
When logged into any CLM application, I click the menu to take me over to the RRDI Cognos report server.  I get a warning:

Will you allow server "com.ibm.rational.reporting" to collaborate with the server "https://clm.myclm50.local:9443/jts/" using the "[userID]" user ID?

In my JTS advanced server configuration setting I have added the URI of the RRDI server to the "Trusted client authorization URIs" property.  I am using a WebSphere 8.5 server with different profiles for CLM and RRDI.  I'm using CLM 5.0.1, but I've noticed this problem probably since CLM 4.0.5 and I've never been able to fix it.  

How can I get rid of this annoying warning message that shows every time I want to navigate from a CLM application over to the RRDI Cognos report server?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Rosenthal (10135) | answered Oct 09 '14, 1:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I finally figured this out.  This is the page that describes the instructions to verify that the report server is a trusted client on the Jazz Team Server:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_val_custom_reporting_clm_setup.html?lang=en

This page should be more explicit.  The server and port provided for the trusted URI property needs to exactly match what is specified in <RRDI or Insight install dir>\cognos\configuration\jazzns_config.xml.  In my case, I had specified the secure port (9444) for my report server but the unsecured port (9081) of my report server was specified in my jazzns_config.xml file.  Thus the trusted URI property was ignored in my case.  When I updated the trusted URI property to match my jazzns_config.xml file, I no longer got the collaboration warning.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.