It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Show or search for files in workspace that are not under source control

Unknown User (1132) | asked Sep 23 '14, 3:16 p.m.
 I have searched this forum and did other searches to see if this was answered somewhere else, and didn't find it - apologies if it is.

Is there any simple way, either in the Eclipse UI or from the scm commandline, to list which files in your RTC workspace are not currently under source control?  Either because they're ignored, or generated, or whatever.  I can see generated non-ignored files in the pending changes view, and you can look folder-by-folder in a project and look for files with either the greyed-out cylinder icon (ignored) or the yellow background without the filled yellow cylinder (new files) to see a specific file's status, but there doesn't seem to be a precise way to see a list of files that aren't under source control.

I tried using the search function in Eclipse and looked through commandline options, but don't see anything obvious.  Thank You.

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 03 '14, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Pending Changes only shows you exactly that; changes that are pending. If resources are ignored, they will not be displayed there and I think that makes sense. There's not much you can do for ignored resources. There wasn't a lot of reason to add filters to let users focus on something that's ignored.

One thing that may help is the working sets feature of Eclipse. When you load a repository workspace, SCM will create a working set for each component and add the projects loaded to the component's working set. You can change your Package Explorer to view your projects in working sets. What remains outside of a working set would be unshared unless you already sorted your projects in different working sets than what SCM would have done on load.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Oct 03 '14, 10:26 a.m.
In the Eclipse client ( Project Explorer view ) file icons will have been decorated with a cylindrical object at the lower right.  If the that cylinder is orange ( or not gray ) it is in the RTC repository.

I'd post a screenshot, but Firefox doesn't work for me to do that, and Chrome is no longer supported on my platform :(

Comments
Tim Mok commented Oct 03 '14, 10:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Paul has mentioned that in his question. There's no filter on that decoration so it's one big list of shared and non-shared projects.

Kevin Ramer commented Oct 03 '14, 10:44 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.