It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does the RTC Web Client automatically apply a comment to checkin's out of the box?

Daniel Ruebush (9715187) | asked Sep 23 '14, 12:40 p.m.
Hi Everyone,
I have ran into a situation after switching process templates from a scrum template to a customized template I'm seeing that the Web Client is not applying a comment to my change sets.  I believe it use to do this automatically. Does anyone know if it is suppose to do this out of the box?

Because it is not, the operational behaviors restricted people from doing the delivery.

We deliver change sets from stream to stream.

We worked around this by associating those change sets to a workitem and changed the operation
behavior settings to require any (a work item or comment) for delivery.

Does anyone know if the web client automatically assigns a comment to a change set when using the Web Client. Typically I remember it being automatically the username of the user creating it. 

Or was that a customization that was in place and when we switch templates it no longer exists. Thank you very much in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Sep 23 '14, 1:03 p.m.
 I think that's a customization you have in place.  Out of the box behavior when associating a work item to a change set would be that the work item's summary would be appended to the associated change set comment.
Daniel Ruebush selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Daniel Ruebush commented Sep 23 '14, 1:25 p.m.

Initially we were not associating a work item we would just create a change set via the web client and it would associate the comment to the change set.

sam detweiler commented Sep 23 '14, 4:09 p.m.

unrelated to your original request.. how do you use the web to associate a changeset to a workitem?  I don't see that in my 5.0 web uI anywhere..

I have git and svn changes and RTC changes.  but cannot link rtc changeset and workitems.. (from the web)

One other answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 24 '14, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Typically I remember it being automatically the username of the user creating it. 
That sounds like you were seeing the owner of the change set, which is not part of the change set's comment. Associating a change set also does not change the comment. The work item summary that is displayed is not part of the change set comment. If you have operation behaviour that required a comment and only a comment, an associated work item would not satisfy the precondition.

In short, the web UI never added a comment for you automatically.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.