It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we use conditional formatting of Rich Text in RPE from RQM

Nick Brown (646) | asked Sep 23 '14, 7:03 a.m.

Hello,

We have some detailed Test artifacts in RQM that in the future shall include large, landscape images.

Taking a section of a Test Plan, for example, with a diagram pasted into the text. This diagram is too large to be viewed in portrait when publishing this document through our templates. How can we get RPE or RQM to specify that this image is exported in landscape (i.e. a section break either side with the page being set to landscape then back again)?

As the same time, how can we include a figure caption for the image within the rich text field, such that a Table of Figures can be included?

This situation also includes tables within Rich Text.

Thanks

Nick Brown.

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Sep 23 '14, 7:14 a.m.
edited Sep 23 '14, 7:22 a.m.
Hi Nick,

You can set Image max width/height properties on the text element (that displays XHTML data) in the template.
In Properties view, select Properties: Text -> Specific -> Image height (and Image width).
But note that this indeed will work only in RPE 1.3 (which will be released in Oct).

You can simply use Table of Figures and Table of Tables, if you have used Figure and Table Captions.

Comments

Nick Brown commented Sep 23 '14, 8:20 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

This doesn't seem to be quite what I'm looking for. This is for a single RQM section which only has a richtext field, which has images and tables embedded in it when written in the RQM web client.

We'd prefer to not re-size the images, but rather change the orientation of the page when the images are too big to easily read when in portrait. For example, when an image width is bigger than X, the page for this image alone should be made landscape, but keep the portrait orientation for the rest of the text in the same richtext field.

I don't think the caption idea will work, as the caption text will be contained within the same richtext field as the rest of the text and image. Preferably, the caption would be added when writing the section in RQM.

Thanks for your helpĀ so far,

Nick Brown.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 23 '14, 8:26 a.m. | edited Sep 23 '14, 8:32 a.m.

OK. In that case, you can do this with a MasterPage.
Create a variable and assign its value (to portrait or landscape) based on the image size found in XHTML data.
Set the variable in "Page orientation" property of the MasterPage.

PS: I have not tried this, but it should work.

Nick Brown commented Sep 23 '14, 9:51 a.m.

I can't do it with a Master page in the normal way, as RPE recognises the richtext field as a single object in teh document template. So I could add a master page before or after teh richtext, but not in the middle of the richtext, which is where the picture appears.

I think I have a workaround for the time being (a macro in the word stylesheet output), but it would be nice to be able to do it from within RQM or RPE.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.