It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Visual Studio crashing while I open Team Artifacts from RTC plugin, any solution would be much appreciated.

Anbarasu Arivoli (811728) | asked Sep 23 '14, 3:30 a.m.
edited Sep 23 '14, 3:38 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 I am using Visual Studio 2005 and have installed RTC IDE plugin for Visual Studio 2005. Whenever I try to open the RTC team artifacts or any window from VS RTC Menu, the Visual Studio is not responding and gets crashed and restarts again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the VS and RTC plugin several times but still I am facing the same issue. 
Any solution would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Anbu

Comments
Prabodh Mairh commented Sep 23 '14, 3:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
Which version of RTC did you install? Did you get any error during uninstallation / installation?

Thanks,
Prabodh

Anbarasu Arivoli commented Sep 23 '14, 3:44 a.m.

I installed RTC version 4.0.6. 

First time when I installed via silent installation it failed with some Java exception, then I installed manually via BM installation manager then the installation was fine, but the actual reported problem started..

Please suggest.

Thanks
Anbu 

Anbarasu Arivoli commented Sep 23 '14, 3:47 a.m.

It works fine for other users, but the problem occurs only for one user. So I guess the problem is not with the RTC version. It should some problem with Java?

Tadeusz Janasiewicz commented Sep 23 '14, 10:47 a.m.

Hi Anbu,

Have you tried to log the VS activities?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241272%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 23 '14, 3:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest to get into contact with support. They can hint you which data to provide (for example the RTC versions involved) and point you to the log files that they need to understand what is going on.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.