It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Are you aware of CLM 5.0.0 iFix004? Any feedback on our new maintenance approach?

Ginny Ghezzo (33311117) | asked Sep 16 '14, 2:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 31 '14, 12:53 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
[FORUM ADMINISTRATOR NOTE: Normally, the forum is intended for user questions, and not announcements, discussions, or requests for feedback, but we're making an exception for the new iFix process, until we find a better home for it on jazz.net]

For those customers using CLM 5.0 and CLM 4.0.7, I would like to hear your feedback on our new maintenance approach through iFixes.  

CLM 5.0 iFix004 is now available through IBM Support (September 15).  CLM 5.0 iFix004 has resolution for 35  field defects (APARs) and replaces CLM 5.0 iFix003:
  • Jazz Foundation : 3 APARs
  • Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG) : 12 APARs
  • Rational Quality Manager (RQM) :12  APARs
  • Rational Team Concert  (RTC) : 8 APARs
The readme.txt delivered with the iFix has details on the content and instructions on how the iFix should be applied.  It is recommended that all customers apply the latest CLM iFix to their current CLM 5.0 deployments.   The same iFix applies to each of the CLM applications (RDNG, RQM, RTC) and the Jazz Team Server (JTS).   The iFix is cumulative, in-place, and easy to rollback.  

With CLM 5.0.1 available since September 9, the frequency of iFixes on 5.0.0 will begin to wane. 

Thanks for your patience in my posts to the forum as we work through details on including this on the jazz.net site and IBM support portal. 

Thanks,
Ginny

2 answers

permanent link
James Paulus (20622135) | answered Oct 30 '14, 11:51 a.m.
 Are the iFixes that are delivered cumulative?   For example in 4.0.7 there is currently iFix002.   Does that include everything that was also delivered in iFix001?

Comments
Ginny Ghezzo commented Oct 30 '14, 12:00 p.m. | edited Oct 31 '14, 12:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

James,
For CLM 4.0.7 and CLM V5 our iFixes are cumulative and it is recommended that you always put on the latest iFix.    Also, I recommend keeping the previous iFix just so you have a "rollback" option (not that you need it!)

As of October 30, 2014 the current iFixes are :

• CLM 4.0.7 iFix002
  • CLM 5.0 iFix004
  • CLM 5.0.1 iFix002
These are all available through IBM Support.  
Thanks,
Ginny

sam detweiler commented Oct 31 '14, 8:08 a.m.

I there a general location for the issues resolved in each iFix, such that a customer could view them from a preventive maint approach?

permanent link
Ginny Ghezzo (33311117) | answered Sep 16 '14, 2:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, I am very aware of the new maintenance!   And as the question mentions there are now iFixes available for CLM 4.0.7 and CLM 5.0.   Stay tune for our upcoming CLM 5.0.1 iFix at the end of September.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.