It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requesting IBMi dependency build from ANT

Morten Madsen (3053149) | asked Sep 16 '14, 10:42 a.m.
edited Nov 12 '14, 4:33 p.m.
I'm trying to make a small wrapper ant script in standard ANT, that will:

1. Request dependency build
2. Request package
3. request deploy

I'm now trying to request the dependency build using <requestTeamBuild>, but I get the following error:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.LicenseNotGrantedException: An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  
Message: CRJAZ1848E To perform the "com.ibm.teamz.build.rbe.dependency" operation, 
the user (userid="ccm_user") must have one of the following licenses that are installed on the server:
Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms. The server administrator can assign licenses.

Why is it trying to run the build as the "ccm_user"? I'm specifying userId="RTCBUILDER" in the <requestTeamBuild> tag.

Any comment appreciated
/Morten.

** EDIT - added build XML **

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Sep 23 '14, 4:30 a.m.

Anyone?

I'll go and contact IBM Support soon.

Morten Madsen commented Sep 25 '14, 5:47 a.m.

bump 

Morten Madsen commented Oct 02 '14, 4:50 a.m.

I'll try one last shot here:

Has anyone tried to run any enterprise extension related build from ANT? Seems like I'm being blocked by this error. I've even tried assigning an enterprise license to the builder AND the CCM user.

Still same error.

One answer

permanent link
Justin Spadea (661) | answered Nov 12 '14, 2:14 p.m.
 Hi Morten, can you paste the XML for this task? And which version are you using?

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Nov 12 '14, 4:35 p.m.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I've updated the original text with my build xml.

We are using RTC v4.0.5. 

The user RTCBUILDER has JazzUsers membership and Build system license.

Justin Spadea commented Nov 14 '14, 4:02 p.m.

Where does the error message show up - in the Ant console, or in the build log? i.e. is it failing to kick off the build, or is the build running but fails due to the license error.

Note that if you don't specify the JAZZ_USER property in the build definition (or build engine, or as a property on the request) then the ADMIN user will be used for the build (the user that requests the build is not the user that the build actually runs under).

Morten Madsen commented Nov 26 '14, 1:31 p.m.

I'm so sorry, I missed your answer (I didn't get en email notification). I'll watch it manually from now on.

The error message shows up in the build log.

The build engine is run with the following startup command:

cd /d C:\IBM\BuildSystemToolkit405\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse
jbe -vm "C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer405\server\jre\bin\java" -repository https://rtctest.sanistaal.dk:9443/jazz -userId RTCBUILDER -pass mypassword -engineId ANT_test_engine

Wouldn't that make the build run as RTCBUILDER?

The structure is such that I have a wrapper build "ANTWrapper" which is basically a simple ant build. This build kicks off other builds with the "RequestBuildTask" is you can see in my xml.

I the build I kick off is a dependency build, I get the error message shown. If it's a standard JAVA / ANT build, it runs fine.

Justin Spadea commented Dec 01 '14, 2:21 p.m.

With regard to your specifying the user on the jbe command line, I believe this means that jbe (and therefore the Ant build that gets kicked off) runs as user RTCBUILDER. And in your XML when you specify the user inside <requestteambuild> this is the user that REQUESTS the build, not the user under which the build runs. Have you tried giving "ccm_user" an enterprise license? Or if that's not an option, I would try setting JAZZ_USER=RTCBUILDER on the dependency build definition, to see if that gets the dependency build to run as something other than the default admin account.

I just looked on one of our test systems and it does have the ccm_user set up with the following license: Rational Team Concert - Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms

Morten Madsen commented Dec 04 '14, 5:42 p.m.

Cool, I'll try setting the JAZZ_USER=RTCBUILDER and setting the enterprise license on ccm_user (I think I've already tried that, but I'll just verify that).

Thx again. I really hope we can get this to work.

Morten Madsen commented Dec 12 '14, 5:45 a.m.

Just tried what we talked about:

1. RTCBUILDER has both build license and enterprise license
2. ccm_user has enterprise license
3. the dependency build (which is kicked off by the wrapper) has the property JAZZ_USER=RTCBUILDER set. I still get the error:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.LicenseNotGrantedException: An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  Message: CRJAZ1848E To perform the "com.ibm.teamz.build.rbe.dependency" operation, the user (userid="ccm_user") must have one of the following licenses that are installed on the server: Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms. The server administrator can assign licenses.

Don't really know what to do now. Seems like the enterpriser builds only can be launched manually from the web client or eclipse client?

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.