It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm compare command to find the newly added component between two snapshots

shalini saini (162027) | asked Sep 15 '14, 5:36 a.m.
How can I use the scm compare command to find the newly added component between two snapshots?

2 answers

permanent link
shalini saini (162027) | answered Sep 18 '14, 12:30 a.m.
edited Sep 18 '14, 12:30 a.m.

Had already tried this option to reverse the snapshots ,  but does give the same output.

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Sep 18 '14, 12:52 a.m. | edited Sep 18 '14, 12:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you have reversed the snapshot arguments and you still see the same output then it is a defect. Please raise a defect which displays the list of components in both the snapshots and the resulting output of the compare command. 

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Sep 15 '14, 5:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 scm compare snapshot <snapshot1> snapshot <snapshot2>
If there were new components in snapshot2 then the above command should show these components as incoming. You can also use the filter to show either incoming or outgoing. For ex: "-f i"

Comments
shalini saini commented Sep 16 '14, 1:04 a.m.

I am using the command as:
./scm compare -I c -f b ss <base ss> ss <current ss> -r rtcuser
But this gives the newly component as
"<comp_name>" (removed)
Why is it showing as (removed) for the new added component?
Is it a error in RTC 4.0.1?

Shashikant Padur commented Sep 16 '14, 1:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What it means is that the component does not exist in the "base ss" as compared to the "current ss". If you reverse the order that is give "current ss" as the first argument then it will show as added. It shows the information with respect to the first argument.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.