It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not able to view Source Control and Build definitions for the project in eclipse 4.4.0 with RTC 5.0

shalini saini (162027) | asked Sep 13 '14, 1:14 p.m.
I have installed the RTC 5.0 plugin in eclipse 5.0.
I am connected to the DB and could see some information of the project say 'xyz'.

But I am unable to view the Source Control and Build definition tab under the project 'xyz'.

I am able to view all this information from the web client when I am connected to the server from the browser.

Any idea why I am unable to view Source Control and Build definition tab for the project in eclipse 4.4.0???

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 16 '14, 8:34 p.m.

Eclipse 4.4 is officially supported with RTC 5.0.1 only. Eclipse 4.3.2 is the highest version supported with RTC 5.0.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements#B4_Eclipse_IDE_RTC_Eclipse_Clien

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 17 '14, 3:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

However, I used a 5.0 p2 install on Eclipse Luna and it worked fine, as far as I can tell.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 15 '14, 11:55 a.m.
Can you verify that you have a license assigned? Can you open the pending changes view from the view menu?

Comments
shalini saini commented Sep 16 '14, 7:28 a.m.

I cannot see the pending changes window.
I am able to view the shared queries and plans. But not Source control and Builds.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 16 '14, 7:35 a.m.

If you open window->Show view->other, can you see these views? Please check the license allocated to your user in your user profile.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 16 '14, 7:36 a.m.

Also, please open the Web UI for the project and see if you have access to Build and SCM.

shalini saini commented Sep 16 '14, 9:05 a.m.

I am able to see these view with eclipse v 3.6 but not in case of eclipse v4.4.0.
I dont see these views from Open Window.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.