It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to best manage properties values amongst associated test/planning/requirements assets?

Olivier Béghain (1082133) | asked Sep 10 '14, 4:27 p.m.
Hi,

My question is against my current usage of the 4.0.5 version of the CLM platform (RTC, RDNG, RQM). If addressed in later version (4.0.6 or 5.x) just tell and I will investigate :-)

When using a CLM setup (Lifecycle Management config) that has for example a RTC, a RDNG (former RRC) and RQM project area then within each of these I might have the need to use certain common properties (and values) to classify the requirements, tests and planning assets.

An example?
  1. A use case captured in RDNG having a requirement attribute named "Product function" whose value is one out of a predefined set of possible functions.
  2. A test case captures in RQM having a test case (artefact) category named "Product function" too and whose possible values are the same as those specified in RDNG.
  3. Categories defined in RTC whose values are those equivalent to the ones used in RDNG and RQM.
Another example could be the notion of "Product Stakeholders".

Today, the value and definition of this category/attribute must be done in each CLM component. How do you ensure today with 4.0.5 (and later) consistency amongst components? If no tool support, would this be valuable and be considered as enhancement? 

Regards,
Olivier.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 10 '14, 7:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
All enhancement requests that are submitted are given consideration, but I have not heard this request before, so you would need to do some socializing of the idea to garner broad support, before it is likely to be implemented.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.