It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to listen to "Deliver" events on client side in RTC 4 & 5

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Sep 10 '14, 1:27 p.m.
edited Sep 10 '14, 1:29 p.m.
Hello to the forum members,

I'd like to perform some action at client side when change-set is being delivered to a certain stream. I am looking for the right event to listen to. I found the event com.ibm.team.scm.client.events.IChangeHistoryEvent which contains the constant DELIVER. According to example code in the SDK, the following code should do the trick:

final IWorkspaceConnection wksCon;
//Some code to set wksCon with value.
wksCon.addGenericListener(IChangeHistoryEvent.DELIVER, new MyListener());
//Assuming MyListener implements com.ibm.team.repository.client.util.IListener

I tried this code, but it does not react to deliver events. If anyone has experience in this area I'll be grateful for your comments.

Thanks,
Gidi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 11 '14, 4:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Gidi,

If this is closely related to the deliver operation itself,you could use a participant, instead of listening to an event.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CustomPreconditionsTable#operations describes the existing extension points.There is one for the client as well as the server.
Gidi Gal selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Gidi Gal (962056) | answered Sep 16 '14, 5:41 a.m.
Thanks for your help, Ralph. I succeeded writing the requested behavior for extension point com.ibm.team.process.client.operationParticipants and operationId  com.ibm.team.scm.client.deliver.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.