It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extending Jazz Web UI

SEC Servizi (97123559) | asked Sep 09 '14, 9:47 a.m.
edited Sep 09 '14, 10:22 a.m.
We are trying to extend the Jazz Web UI, so:
  • is it possible to set order for pages on navigation bar? A new page seems to be added always as last page.
  • is it possible to show/hide a page on navigation bar depending on, for instance, the project area name?
  • is it defined anywhere a constant for the "/admin" context path?
  • is there a default page to handle errors we can reuse and/or extend?
  • is it possible to redirect to existing pages "calling" corresponding actions (e.g., "#action=com.ibm.team.build.viewDefinitionList")?
Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 09 '14, 11:55 p.m.
I will try to answer these one by one.
1. I suppose you are talking about the tab order of a multi-tabbed browser. If so, that's the feature of the browser, not Jazz. For example, Chrome by default opens a new tab right next to the current tab.
2. Don't think it's possible as a Jazz Web UI extension.
3. The context root "/admin" is defined when you deploy the admin.war web application, and registered in the Jazz repository after you run jts/setup.
4. Don't think so. Errors are usually "embedded" in the current page.
5. Don't really understand the question. Isn't it just open the page in the same tab?

Comments
SEC Servizi commented Sep 10 '14, 4:06 a.m.

Donald, thanks for your answer but it's not what we were talking about... :)

Donald Nong commented Sep 10 '14, 9:21 p.m.

Well, we will wait for the experts that understand your questions then. I first thought you were talking about Jazz Web UI Theming but the features you talked about were so different so I fell back to the old school use-javascript-to-control-everything-in-the-web-page theory. Unfortunately, wrong again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.