It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plugin for rtc client API

Mike Brouwers (341218) | asked Sep 08 '14, 7:47 p.m.
 Hi,

I have created a plugin that adds a buildConfigurationElement.
I would like to know how I can access this when using the RTC client api.
Right now when I try to initialize my participant like I initialize my other configurationElements (standard rtc) I get an exception:
"at com.ibm.team.build.internal.common.model.impl.BuildDefinitionImpl.initializeConfiguration(BuildDefinitionImpl.java:1194)"

It fails on the last of the 2 lines:
bce = BuildConfigurationRegistry.getInstance().getBuildConfigurationElement("myBuildConfigurationElementId");
definition.initializeConfiguration(bce);

How do I set this up so the API can find that participant and initialize it?

Mike

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Brouwers (341218) | answered Sep 10 '14, 2:28 p.m.
Found it...
build.properties did not include plugin.xml... :|
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 11 '14, 1:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Has happened to me.......

I did not see a Jazz component definition either. That works for now, but might not in the future.

Mike Brouwers commented Sep 11 '14, 8:50 a.m.

Hey Ralph,

what do you mean with Jazz component definition?

MikeĀ 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 11 '14, 9:33 a.m. | edited Sep 11 '14, 9:34 a.m.

If you just started with it, see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/
Especially see the linked article https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 which talks about Jazz components. I am not sure it applies to your scenario, but most RTC extensions have a Jazz component they belong to. Te component organizes extensions and is also supposed to give plugins access to Jazz services. It is a special extension point which defines a component ID which is used in plugin extensions.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 10 '14, 5:38 a.m.
In the Server and client SDK, you will notice that model elements and API that is needed in both the server and the various clients, are deployed and available on both ends. Usually the name pattern is com.ibm.team.......common.

If you need access to this data on both ends, you might need to make the data available in both API's, including extensions to both.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.