It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an easy way to determine what changed on a com.ibm.team.process.server.saveTeamArea?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Sep 08 '14, 10:34 a.m.
I'm working on solving an issue where I need to be able to have a validator on a TeamArea save, specifically adding users and/or modifying roles on a team area.

I believe I can write an OperationAdvisor for com.ibm.team.process.server.saveTeamArea ... but is there an easy way to get "what" has changed?  Or do I have to basically compare the before and after work items to determine what has changed to see if I want to allow the change?

Susan

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Sep 08 '14, 3:36 p.m.

I've gotten my team area validator to be invoked when the team area is saved.  However, normally in my work item save advisors, I do an  operation.getOperationData() from the AdvisableOperation parameter "operation" that comes into the run() method.  However, when I do that on a team area save, the object come back as null.

In the debugger, I can see that the operation is a TeamAreaSaveOperation but there is nothing that I can see where I can get the values from the TeamAreaSave operation so that I can work with the "new data" to validate and determine if I should allow.

Can someone help or point me to more detailed documentation around this TeamAreaSaveOperation object?

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered May 07 '15, 1:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The TeamAreaSaveOperation does not set operationData. Setting operationData is not required, and null is returned by any operation that does not set the data.

I have filed this enhancement that would make the team area available from the operation:
Provide a way to get the items saved from TeamAreaSaveOperation and ProjectAreaSaveOperation (356292)

The TeamAreaSaveOperation is an IProcessItemSaveOperation.  You could cast to IProcessItemSaveOperation, then call getItems to determine the ITeamArea being saved.

IProcessItemSaveOperation is not an API class, but it is stable since 2008. There is no guarantee it will not change in future versions, however.

Hope that helps,
Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development.

Comments
Cliff Gardiner commented Feb 21 '18, 4:13 a.m.

That enhancement was resolved without explanation.  I've reopened it as this is still very much a live issue, and also raised https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=453152 as I was advised by IBM to raise an RFE.

Let's hope this raises the profile of the matter a little. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.