It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to find a workitem that causes data collection job failure in Rational Ream Concert?

marina delunas (711316) | asked Sep 05 '14, 10:09 a.m.
edited Sep 05 '14, 10:44 a.m.
I have a failure on the work items data collection job og Rational CLM 4.0.3. How can I find the workitem that causes the failure? I'm reading the ccm etl log file and ccm.log but I don't find informations to identify it.

thanks!!

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 05 '14, 11:44 a.m.
edited Sep 05 '14, 11:45 a.m.
Having gone through this let me offer some things I've found.

The most prevalent failure I've come across for work items is _somehow_ work items get a parent that is NOT a work item ( specifically, an it was an iteration =:-o ).

You need to enable the ETL driver logging and let the job fail again.  Then go into the driver log and try to find the 'unsuccessful' URL that shows up.
e.g.

https://rtp-rtc8:9443/jazz/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem%2FworkItem%5BprojectArea%2Farchived%3Dfalse%5D%2F%28parent%2FuniqueId%7CprojectArea%2Farchived%7CuniqueId%29&id=_Gt3PUDT6EeScEqaCQ7MUkQ&modifiedsince=2014-09-04T00%3A00%3A00.000-0400&size=100&pos=800

You'd need to take this URL then use something like RESTClient in firefox modify the size/pos values iteratively until the query fails.    Now, what seems to cause the failure is the parent/uniqueId when the work item parent is an iteration.   Remove that from the query and maybe add properties for the workItem/id and resend.

Then go into the project area and clean up.

I found that this miscreant work items seemed to originate from Templates which contained bad references.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.