It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set the preference value in Rtc Scm?

vinitha dsouza (14719119) | asked Sep 05 '14, 2:48 a.m.
Hello

How to set the preference value in SCM  programmatically  using  java  API ??
example:  I want to change the preference value of window->preference->jazz source control->local changes ->Automatically detect changes .

how can I change the preference value of Automatically detect changes?

Thank You.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 05 '14, 3:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What is the use case? How would you want to run this?

These preferences are not preferences of the RTC Jazz SCM system, but preferences of the specific client. The preference mechanism used is the Eclipse preferences mechanism. the data is stored in the Eclipse workspace under .metadata in specific sub folders.

The Java classes are available in the Eclipse client and therefore also available in the RTC SDK. You should be able to use these classes, but they are probably only available in the RTC Eclipse client.

permanent link
Ratheesh Madathil (1371728) | answered Sep 10 '14, 7:31 a.m.

Use case is that when we offer the RTC eclipse client, we would like that: if the users are modifying the code directly in their sandbox or using someother development tool, "Pending changes" view of RTC should automatially fetch that..

Therefore this preference is good to be given as part of the product (or users has to set it individually!).

The problem currently is the data is stored in the Eclipse workspace under .metadata in specific sub folders, but not reflected when we change the workspace.. (i.e. Only works for one work space!)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.