It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC_Build Forge: When a scheduled RTC build failed and restarted in Build Forge, how to continue update the same build result in the RTC

Carol Li (812) | asked Sep 04 '14, 3:14 p.m.
Hi,

I looking for some helps for suggestions or ideas.
Our team recently scheduled all the build inside RTC to call the Build forge jobs.

When a build forge job failed, and restarted from the build forge, the RTC Build result will not get updated with the restarted build status and logs.

If we restart build from RTC, which will restart the whole build process instead of from where it failed. That is not suitable for our team's build/bvt process.

May I ask if anyone have any good suggestions about how to update the RTC build result after a build forge jobs failed and restarted?

Thanks and Best Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Sep 04 '14, 3:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Unfortunately there is no good way to do what you are trying to do.  Build results in RTC are considered to be immutable after they are completed, which makes the concept of restarting a build in RTC impossible.  You could add new file contributors manually to the RTC result (or script that), but it won't be possible to add new activities or other build lifecycle information because the build is considered complete and immutable.

~Spencer
Carol Li selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Carol Li commented Sep 04 '14, 4:07 p.m.

Thanks very much for your quick response Spencer.

Yes, I could use the ant scripts to update the build result with the log.

My next question is:

If I want to generate a customized build report for each build, is there any existing method could support that?

For example, the customized build summary could create a webpage with build description, listed of important notes, and some fix inside the build.

I know I could update a tag with a html file for build summary, but if RTC could provide an advance way to generate the build summary report, that will be great.

Please advice.

Thanks very much

One other answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Sep 04 '14, 4:17 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is no customized build summary.  You can view the build result from the web UI, which will likely provide a lot of the things you are looking for, but there is no way to customize what you see.  You can make sure that you contribute the information you want to the build result and then it will be accessible via the web UI, but short of that you will have to implement your own reporting in RTC.

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.