It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 5.0 - Can you change the attributes shown from DNG when linking requirements

Brad Barker (2133) | asked Sep 04 '14, 2:00 p.m.

Running CLM 5.0 RTC/DNG.

Needing to show a certain attribute for an artifact in the Linking dialog box to make it easier for our System Engineers to perform linking. The only attributes shown are the DNG Id and the text of the requirement.   Need to show one more attribute in that dialog box.  Tried creating a view in the module and saving it.  The view shows up on the right side of the Dialog box underneath  "Search Views".

But when I click the new view I get the Error: Filter cannot be applied.  Errow Details show - ID CRRRW7236E  The server request to load the filter could not be completed.

Am I on the right track or is there a better way or is it impossible.

Thanks in Advance

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 05 '14, 3:24 a.m.

I don't think you can do it this way. All you are doing is "filtering", so it only affects "which" requirements to be displayed, not "what" attributes of the requirements to be displayed. Why not just use the "Filter Display by Attribute" feature?

2 answers

permanent link
Brad Barker (2133) | answered Sep 25 '14, 4:22 p.m.
Rosa,
We have migrated from DOORS 9.5 and it is easier for our SEs to link requirements if they could see the old Customer DOORS ID along with the new DNG ID.

Thanks,
Brad

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Sep 23 '14, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Brad
It is not possible to alter the dialog box. What attribute are you thinking would make it easier to perform the linking?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.