It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I import a v4 Advanced Release Burndown into a v5 instance? (i.e. I want that one back)

Peter DeRosa (334) | asked Sep 04 '14, 10:43 a.m.

We're really struggling with the new Avanced Release Burndown chart, which is especially problematic as it was the key chart we used to interface to the management and customer layers - and they really have no interest in the whole "agile experimentation" mindset.

Why did we get rid of the old advanced release burndown?  We had specifically chosen this because it did not display backlog growth metrics on the same chart, which made it much easier to understand.  I understand people could want and use the growth view (that's how the existing normal release burndown always worked), but that doesn't make the other one invalid.  Is there any way to import the old report into a v5 RTC instance?

I've had enough agile learning-curve difficulties with management and really didn't need this right now!  (You probably know how that goes:)

One answer

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945411) | answered Sep 04 '14, 10:56 a.m.
Hi Peter

The defects fixed for CLM4.0.4 for Advanced burndown reports:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=228020

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=265606

This Defect 228020 lists the comments 3, 5,6 which details the information fixed for CLM4.0.4.

Yes you can create default Advanced Release Burndown rpt design report resource from CLM4.x into CLM5.0.
These old reports are compatible for CLM5.0.

Location for OOTB reports including Advanced Release Burndown.rptdesign:
<<JazzTeamServer4.x>>\server\conf\ccm\sites\rtc-commons-update-site\plugins
\com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common_xxxxx

Copy this 4.x report to the CLM5.0 server machine and then create a report resource using this Advanced Release Burndown.rptdesign(4.x)
You can then create a Dashboard widget for the same using the Reports widget.

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.

Comments
Peter DeRosa commented Feb 20 '15, 3:23 p.m.

Thanks for the instructions.  I've yet to get our admins to try this, but will let you know if we get it to work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.