It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an online update site available to install RTC features into an Eclipse client.

Martin Burkhardt (623) | asked Sep 04 '14, 4:39 a.m.
converted to question Sep 04 '14, 5:51 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Extracted from an answer to https://jazz.net/forum/questions/34646/update-site-not-available

As input for our integration / delivery pipeline I also need an update site, which I can access in an automated manner rather than a zip file download, which I can only download manually.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 04 '14, 5:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Someone should download the the first time zip and makes it available on an internal file server.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 04 '14, 5:54 a.m.
Martin,

as far as I know, there is update site provided that you can use directly.
You have to download the zip, unzip it to some location and publish that for internal use.

You can also create an Eclipse client version  with RTC installed via this update site and make it internally available to download or unzip.

Comments
Martin Burkhardt commented Sep 04 '14, 7:50 a.m.

Thanks for your reply, Ralph!

Here some background of my request: I need to retrieve Eclipse components from about 40 sources and integrate the same into multiple Eclipse distributions used internally in my company. Rather than downloading any files manually, I'm about to set up a tooling, which does all the work based on one central configuration file and p2 update sites available in the net.

With this approach I can reduce one level of redundancy (local copy of zip files) and erase the related risk of manual errors when maintaining all the downloaded files. In addition it speeds up the whole procedure considerably and makes it much more reliable and reproducible.

Actually for all sources but two there is an update site available, one of those two being IBM RTC.

I would like to close this remaining gap to make the whole integration process completely scripted (automated) and to avoid manual activities within this delivery pipeline.

Thus having the zipped p2 repository available for manual download is nice, but if IBM would run a real p2 update site, it would be considerably more useful for me.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 04 '14, 7:54 a.m.

Hi Martin,

I understand your use case, unfortunately I am not aware of an update site that we publish that way - you could file an enhancement request.

You would still face the problem to provide the version of the P2 file, you want to provide.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.