It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM command-line checkin failing "Error during upload" on files of greater than 128 kB in size when run on server host

Greg Hodgkinson (2092119) | asked Sep 04 '14, 4:35 a.m.
edited Sep 04 '14, 4:36 a.m.
I have an RTC 4.0.6 server running on a Linux host.

I am using the scm.sh command line tool to checkin a file (having first successfully run the login, load, and status commands). I'm running these commands locally on the server host.

Whenever I try to run the scm.sh checkin command for a file that is larger (even by 1 byte) than 128 kB it fails with the following message...
Failed to upload File /somepath/somefile
Problem running 'checkin':
Error during upload
However...
  • Any file that is 128 kB or smaller will checkin fine on the server host.
  • I can deliver files greater than 128 kB from my Eclipse client running on a machine other than the server host.

So this problem is specific to running checkin of >128kB file when using scm.sh running locally on the server host.

Anyone have suggestions on what could be causing this failure?

I've taken a look in the log files and haven't found any errors in the server log, and no more useful details in the scm log.

One answer

permanent link
Greg Hodgkinson (2092119) | answered Sep 04 '14, 5:49 a.m.
I've managed to resolve this. Here's how...

I switched on logging for the scm client (more details here: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_logging.html).

Then I trawled through the log files and found an additional error...
    <message>&lt;&lt; "                    "errorMessage": "CRRTC5038W: The versioned content service temp directory has been deleted.  This often can happen if the property 'vcs.tmpdir' is a directory within \/tmp.  Please contact your server administrator.",[\n]"</message>
I checked the value for Versionable Content Temporary DIrectory (CCM, Advanced Properties) and it was set to the default of /tmp/versionedcontentservice. I looked on the host and this did not exist.

Once I created this folder (and set the permissions correctly) the problem I was experiencing went away.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.