It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where is editor presentation broken WebUI [ solved but for future generations ]?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Sep 03 '14, 10:51 a.m.
As I was writing this I got the solution, but having spent the time decided to share....

User reports that cannot view work items.  I've pinned it on Defect work item type.  Inspecting the presentation and binding look reasonable.  But in Firefox I get a JavaScript error "TypeError: _e[_d[i].slot] is undefined"
Tracing in WebConsole get's to this section

var _e={"details":[],"linkSummary":[],"quickInfo":[],"defaultSection":[],"description":[],"discussion":[]};
for(var i=0;i<_d.length;i++){
_e[_d[i].slot].push(_d[i]);
}

It turns out there was an empty Section under the Overview tab.  I removed it, saved and now I can load/view defect work items.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Sep 03 '14, 4:10 p.m.
Thanks Kevin for sharing solution!

What I can add is that you can append ?debug=true in address bar to have the code not obfuscated. It is easier to debug it then.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Sep 03 '14, 4:13 p.m.

Cool,  I thought I added the ?debug, but didn't see much, now I know what to look for!  But having had similar experience, I at least knew to focus on the Editor Presentationn

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.