It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What might be these long running QM activities

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Sep 02 '14, 9:28 a.m.
edited Sep 02 '14, 9:43 a.m.
One of our Jazz applications is hitting 60-80% CPU ( or higher ) and I see this list of Active Services:

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ServerStatusRestService.getActiveServiceInfo    00:00:00:001    Kevin Ramer    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    04:37:12:812    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    04:38:24:459    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    04:38:32:200    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    04:39:28:682    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    04:39:43:800    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    04:39:54:261    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    04:40:43:452    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    05:35:17:244    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    06:46:05:782    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    06:51:50:206    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    12:38:14:251    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    12:38:38:822    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    12:47:47:910    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    1 days, 08:35:12:564    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    1 days, 08:35:20:495    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    1 days, 08:45:33:245    Caleb C.    Show Details
com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service.OslcQmService.service    1 days, 11:14:35:749    Caleb C.    Show Details

The "details" in part are:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eDerivedStructuralFeatureID(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1511)
   org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eSet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1078)
   org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil$Copier.copyReference(EcoreUtil.java:760)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.util.ItemEmfUtils$PersistentCopier.copyReference(ItemEmfUtils.java:442)
   org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil$Copier.copyReferences(EcoreUtil.java:646)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.util.ItemEmfUtils.copyPersistent(ItemEmfUtils.java:167)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractTransactionalItemCache.makeCopy(AbstractTransactionalItemCache.java:383)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.TransactionalStateCache.getItemFromHandleAndValueWithoutContext(TransactionalStateCache.java:130)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.TransactionalStateCache.getItemFromHandleAndValue(TransactionalStateCache.java:125)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.TransactionalStateCache.getItemFromHandleAndValue(TransactionalStateCache.java:1)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractTransactionalItemCache.get(AbstractTransactionalItemCache.java:116)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.TransactionalCurrentStateCache.getItemFromHandleAndValue(TransactionalCurrentStateCache.java:78)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.TransactionalCurrentStateCache.getItemFromHandleAndValue(TransactionalCurrentStateCache.java:1)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractTransactionalItemCache.get(AbstractTransactionalItemCache.java:116)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator.internalFetchCurrentState(RdbRepositoryDataMediator.java:1574)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator.fetchItem(RdbRepositoryDataMediator.java:2141)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.doFetchItem(RepositoryItemService.java:541)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.access$4(RepositoryItemService.java:537)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService$4.run(RepositoryItemService.java:517)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$Transaction.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:496)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$1.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:320)
   com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:448)

User says just creating test cases, test scripts.....

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 03 '14, 5:28 a.m.

Is the user using RQMExcelImporter to create the test artifacts? I wonder why the activity names all have "oslc" in them.

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 03 '14, 8:02 a.m.

I asked for usage and this was the response:

My OS : Windows 7 64bit
Browser : Firefox 31.0

[My Steps of using RQM]
1. Click my bookmark of RQM
2. Login to Quality Management (Quality Manager)
3. Open a Test Suite in new tab.
4. Open multiple testcases and test scripts in new tabs
5. Open new firefox windows with test cases or test scripts(maximum 3)
6. Modify or Copy test steps around
7. Sometime "Duplicate" the testcase or test scripts.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Sep 02 '14, 10:01 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you have sever performance concerns, please open a PMR.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Sep 02 '14, 10:06 a.m.

At this moment, the UI for the application server in question is still quite responsive.  I can only associate the high CPU with the WAS java process which contains the QM application ( along with JTS, RM and CCM ).   So I cannot yet say we're to the state of performance concern.

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 05 '14, 2:45 p.m.

PMR 18660,L6Q,000 was opened.  Right now there are 29 of the aforementioned activites with durations of 17h to 4.5 days and growing. CPU use on our LPAR is at a steamy 97% constant for the last day or so.  I think I found a possible cause and have informed via the PMR and to our QM user.  

I plan to restart the QM application tomorrow.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.