It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating an DOORS NG Extension

Shiv Singh (1156) | asked Sep 01 '14, 9:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 01 '14, 9:56 p.m.
 I want to understand how to create plug-ins or extension or application [whatever the name] to perform the following:
-- Import a few thousand documents into DNG.
-- Create lots of requirement artifacts from each of the documents based on paragraph style or special characters.
-- Read an excel file which contain trace-ability information between requirements in the documents.
-- Using the trace-ability information, create trace-ability links between requirements in DNG.

Above is bare minimum requirement.

Better yet, if any one knows how to import requirements with history from ARIS and SAP Sol. Man. to DNG. Please share your approach and suggest any solution.

Also please point me to any sample Eclipse Application that shows how to create a plug-in for DNG, including how to configure the environment for coding and then deploying the plug-in.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Shiv

One answer

permanent link
Jean-Luc Johnson (8125) | answered Nov 03 '14, 6:29 a.m.
edited Mar 22 '17, 5:52 a.m.

Hello,
I have used the OSLC interface to perform few of the simple operations like create/read/update a requirement from a simple OSLC client application (actually java Swing application) to DOORS Next Generation.
I'm using the Eclipse Lyo library and the class http://git.eclipse.org/c/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.client.git/tree/org.eclipse.lyo.client.java.sample/src/main/java/org/eclipse/lyo/client/oslc/samples/RRCFormSample.java .
Find out more at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Lyo/BuildClient .

It works for me and I have integrated this code in my own application to add traceability links from a requirement to my own artifacts as well.

I hope it helps!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.