It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

For JRS, 5.0.1 RC1: What Database password to provide for Derby CLM Repository?

Robert Myers (191116) | asked Aug 29 '14, 7:40 a.m.
edited Aug 29 '14, 8:01 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
My RTC is the JKE Banking App running on an Express Installed 5.0.1 RC1 JTS.
My JRS is 5.0.1 RC1
 I do not know what password to provide for Derby.  <//localhost:9443/rs>
Ben Silverman's video

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Aug 29 '14, 8:02 a.m.
Hi Robert,
I do not think that JRS works with Derby. You must use SQL Server, db2 or Oracle.
Robert Myers selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Myers commented Aug 29 '14, 9:56 a.m.

Are you certain that Darby is not supported? If I click on the Menu option of the https://adminib-bmse15t:12443/rs/ screen, I see a 'Create a data source' Tab.  If I click that I have 4 database choices including Darby.

3 other answers

permanent link
Robert Myers (191116) | answered Sep 04 '14, 4:02 a.m.
I have heard from development the following and am waiting for 5.0.1 GA:
Derby DW support in 501. If you manually try to create a data source to a Derby DW, the password field is hidden (it is not needed).
During setup, if JRS detects that the DW is Derby, it will create the data source automatically without prompting for the password.

Comments
Robert Myers commented Oct 23 '14, 5:52 a.m.

BTW: You cannot import the OOTB JRS reports to Derby

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 03 '14, 3:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert,

Are you talking about the Data Warehouse setup?  Derby is supported for the DW (for trial use), but no password is required when configuring it.  Just provide the JDBC location to point to where the Derby DB is (it is pre-filled by default and typically not changed).  But in the case of JRS itself, there is no underlying Derby database you need to configure.  Hope it helps,

permanent link
Cherie Revells (18111) | answered Sep 03 '14, 2:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Robert,

This is the password for the data warehouse that was probably configured during CLM setup.  Log in to your JTS admin page as an administrator to see how the data warehouse is configured on the Reports tab under Data Warehouse Connection (or ask your administrator for the data warehouse password).

Regards,
Cherie

Comments
Cherie Revells commented Sep 03 '14, 2:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

And yes, Derby is supported as the database to be used by the data warehouse, but I think it is meant only for evaluation purposes.  Just to clarify, the 'Create a data source' button in JRS creates a connection to an existing data warehouse that should have been setup in CLM.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.