It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CDT Plugin Ganymede not possible to install

Christophe Tournier (36107) | asked May 03 '09, 3:01 a.m.
I downloaded RTC 1.0.1.1 and installed it without IM. As I wanted to install Ganymede which is the last version of CDT plugin available on Eclipse 3.4. RTC Eclipse send me the following message : Eclipse C/C++ Development Platform (5.0.2.200902130801) required plug-in "org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring (3.4.0)" . It is only possible to install Callisto available with Eclipse 3.3.x. How to update RTC Express Client to make it possible to innstall Ganymede?
Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | answered May 04 '09, 6:50 a.m.
I downloaded RTC 1.0.1.1 and installed it without IM. As I wanted to install Ganymede which is the last version of CDT plugin available on Eclipse 3.4. RTC Eclipse send me the following message : Eclipse C/C++ Development Platform (5.0.2.200902130801) required plug-in "org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring (3.4.0)" . It is only possible to install Callisto available with Eclipse 3.3.x. How to update RTC Express Client to make it possible to innstall Ganymede?
Thanks

Hello,

isn't RTC 1.0.1.1. based on Eclipse Europa (3.3)? I think that you should be able to install Europa version of CDT instead of the Callisto (3.2) version.
In order to install newer version of CDT, you can try to first install Eclipse Ganymede + CDT and later try to install RTC into the Eclipse instance.

kind regards,
Jakub

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered May 04 '09, 2:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC 1.0.1.1 has JDT and PDE dependencies which aren't shipped with CDT. To use CDT with RTC, it's best to install CDT into RTC instead of the other way around. That is what I've done on several occasions.

In RTC 2.0, this has been fixed. RTC no longer needs JDT or PDE to run.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.