It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC COMPONENTS

Sreedhara thirthahalli (591415) | asked Aug 26 '14, 6:10 a.m.

Hi

I am a administrator and I have created a New COMPONENT under source control using ---> NEW

and I would like to add (import) Project source code basically project data to the COMPONENTS.

How do I add files and folders (source code) to Newly created components?

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 26 '14, 8:09 a.m.
edited Aug 26 '14, 8:10 a.m.
Hello,

I am assuming you are using Eclipse client.
In the Project Explorer view, you can right-click on the project, select Team->Share project, select the Jazz Source Control and then use the wizard to select the component you have created earlier.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_sharing_projects.html

Comments
Sreedhara thirthahalli commented Aug 26 '14, 8:34 a.m.

Hi Piotr Aniloa

But It is not a JAVA project...

Just I have Plain files and folders (Non Java project codes) and I wanted to Import it into "ADD TO SOURCE CONTROL"

Like how we do it in clearcase " CLEARFSIMPORT"

the same way I do it in eclipse client (not looking for command line interface ) Looking for GUI based (Eclipse client).

Tim Mok commented Aug 26 '14, 9:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Eclipse is project based for any resources used in the IDE. It's not expected to use Eclipse only as a GUI for source control operations. You'll have to create Eclipse projects for your files (you don't have to share the Eclipse .project file). Or I suggest you use the Windows Shell client if you only want to deal with files.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.