It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get workitem information

Theo van Oostrum (1141) | asked May 01 '09, 5:10 p.m.
Dear Jazz participant,

I want to be able to get some data associated with a workitem.
First off all i want to get the team area from a workitem. I looked at the IWorkItem API and i couldn't find a method to get the teamarea associated with that workitem. I know i should be able to get this information somehow, because when looking at a workitem in the Web UI, the team area is listed there. Does anybody know how to get this through the API?

I am also interested in finding the relationship between a workitem and a changeset. In the RTC client it is possible to associate a workitem with a change set. How can i find this relationship through the API?

Thanks,
Theo van Oostrum

One answer

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered May 04 '09, 4:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Theo
Have a look at IWorkItemClient#findProcessArea. This computes the Team or Project area of the work item.
Some hints on how to work with client libraries and IWorkItemClient are also available from:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation.

Change-sets are references. On the client you can use e.g. WorkItemWorkingCopy#getReferences and then the endpoint of the 'change-set' links (e.g. via ILinkTypeRegistry#getLinkType(ILinkConstants#CHANGESET_WORKITEM_LINKTYPE_ID)#getSourceEndPointDescriptor).
Use WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry#connect and getWorkingCopy to get a WorkItemWorkingCopy.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.