It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Email Notification By Work Item State Changes

Paul Omoruyi (611) | asked Aug 25 '14, 5:52 p.m.
Please can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to know if RTC 4.0.3 has Work Item change of state based email notiifcation? So I want for example a specific individual to get e-mail notification when my Work Item State changes from say New ---> Reviewing or In Progress ---> Complete, etc. I will appreciate any lead. Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Paul Omoruyi (611) | answered Aug 28 '14, 1:10 p.m.
Thanks Alex and Alexandre for the pointers.

permanent link
Alex Akilov (1211724) | answered Aug 25 '14, 6:30 p.m.
If you want to control who gets email notifications based on state changes, you'll probably have to implement an extension that launches a build definition on a state change.  There is a sample of how to do this documented in the RTC Extensions Workshop (Lab2).  In your build definition you don't actually need to build anything but you can have an email notification participant that contains the recipient list for that particular build type.

Comments
Alex Akilov commented Aug 28 '14, 1:12 p.m.

Of course, ideally, you will stop relying on 90s technology (emails) and use dashboards, notification widgets, Feeds and other RTC facilities to keep track of  what's going on in the project

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Aug 25 '14, 6:16 p.m.
Hi Paul,

RTC has e-mail notification for work item state change. The users who will receive this notification can be the creator, the owner or the subscriber of the work item.

Also, each user has control of which notification they want to receive. Check this link for more details:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/SettingMailNotifications

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.