It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deploy report on various project areas?

Ramaprakash Ganesan (634) | asked Aug 25 '14, 3:36 a.m.
edited Aug 25 '14, 5:11 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)

Objective: To automate the modification of a particular Report on all RTC Project Areas.

What is the best-practice way to go about this? Are there any REST calls i can use for this purpose?

Below is the usual procedure.

1. Add my user account to the project area with Team Member-Coder role.
2. Explore Project Area, Reports --> Report Resources.
3. Click on the Report to be modified.

4. Under Contents, click on Browse and select the particular report file.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for all RTC Project Areas.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Aug 25 '14, 5:10 a.m.
Hi Ramaprakash
We had similar topic already. Please look at
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/116096/how-to-deploy-a-report-resource-in-rtc-403-by-using-a-resource-deployed-in-another-project-area and let us know if this is what you were already looking for.

Comments
Ramaprakash Ganesan commented Aug 25 '14, 5:50 a.m. | edited Aug 25 '14, 5:51 a.m.

Thanks for the quick response, Krzysztof.

Will deploying the report resource to the Master Template Project Area suffice for the report to show up in all Project Areas?

If not, above process works only for deploying a report which is present in Project Area A to another Project Area B.

But for a huge number of Project Areas, we stll have to navigate to each Project Area (which number more than 300) and perform the step mentioned.

I am looking to get the whole process automated using some APIs (if not, then some UI automation).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.