It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is Design Manager unable to load diagram?

Gary Day (18914) | asked Aug 21 '14, 10:10 a.m.

We have two separate networks each with RTC 4.0.5 including Design Manager on each (Windows servers)

On one network Design manager is unable to load diagram. On both systems the File Appender section of log4j.properties includes

log4j.appender.file.File=logs/dm.log

No dm.log exists in any location I have looked.

What is going on please?

Unable to load Diagram

3 answers

permanent link
Andrey Karaulov (1861) | answered Aug 21 '14, 10:17 a.m.
 Hello Gary,

If you are using Tomcat, log files should be located in the following folder: <DM Installation>/server/logs
If you are using WAS, log files should be located in the following folder: <path to WAS Profile>/<app server name>/logs

As for the "Unable to load diagram" error, then this looks like a defect in the tool. Could you please create a WI and attach a model, that can be used for the testing?

Regards,
Andrey

Comments
Andrey Karaulov commented Aug 21 '14, 10:19 a.m.

Hmmm 
Text was substituted after I submitted the comment... The second attempt.
Tomcat: <path_to_DM_installation>/server/logs
WAS: <path_to_WAS_profile>/<app_server_name>/logs

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Aug 21 '14, 11:25 a.m.

Hi Gary,

If it one particular diagram which is not loading, then I would advise you to contact your Rhapsody support team so they can review the content of the model and help you to understand why it is not being loaded.
In the past I have seen similar behavior depending on the amount of Objects and the width the diagram had .

Regards,
François

permanent link
Gary Day (18914) | answered Aug 21 '14, 11:45 a.m.

I have looked but have no dm.log in the (Tomcat) location you mention (on either network). I presume it should be able to create dm.log if it does not exist and wants to write to it? I could manually create the file and restart the RTC Tomcat service.

On the second network the diagram loads fine so it does not look a tool defect.

permanent link
Andrey Karaulov (1861) | answered Aug 21 '14, 11:50 a.m.
Yes, the log file should be created automatically. 
Are you running server on Linux machine? Perhaps some permission issues? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.