It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - How to set values of other attributes when another custom attribute changes

Benjill Cubas (111) | asked Aug 20 '14, 12:59 p.m.
I have an XML file that I'm using to populate a custom attribute (Attrib_A) dropdown values using the HTTP Filtered Value Set.  This is working just fine.  I also have 2 more attributes (Attrib_B & Attrib_C) that are Strings.  I would like to automatically set the corresponding values of Attrib_B & Attrib_C when a user chooses the value of Attrib_A.

For example:

Here is the XML skeleton.  Attribute A is being populated with Cell_1 data based on the HTTP Filtered Value Set.  If a user choose "123" from the drop down list I want to use a Calculated value set on Attrib_B & C to automatically set them to "123 - Item A" and "Description of Item A" respectively.  Can you help me on how to script out the Calculated Value Set for Attrib_B & C?

<root>
<Row>
<Cell_1>123</Cell_1>
<Cell_2>123 - Item A</Cell_2>
<Cell_3>Description of Item A</Cell_3>
</Row>
<Row>
<Cell_1>456</Cell_1>
<Cell_2>456- Item B</Cell_2>
<Cell_3>Description of Item B</Cell_3>
</Row>
<Row>
<Cell_1>789</Cell_1>
<Cell_2>789- Item C</Cell_2>
<Cell_3>Description of Item C</Cell_3>
</Row>

One answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Aug 20 '14, 1:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Please check the ValueSet provides
https://jazz.net/library/article/1003#value-sets

"

Value Sets

RTC provides custom value sets that allows you configure how the values of an attribute are determined. In the Eclipse UI, four types of value set customizations can be configured in Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Attribute Customization > Value Sets:

• Dependent Enumerations allow for limiting the values of enumerations based on a selected value.
  • HTTP Filtered Value Set can retrieve and filter XML documents from arbitrary HTTP providers.
  • Role Based User List provides all users in a project or team area with a specific role.
  • Script Based Value Set is the most flexible value set provider. It allows for defining the set of possible values in a programmatically way via JavaScript."

Hope it helps.

Sandy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.