It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I create a query that displays approvers and approval state?

Kevin McBride (611) | asked Aug 19 '14, 1:33 p.m.
 I am using approvals for some workflow on defects.  I want to have a query that shows me who the approvers are on each defect and what state it is in.  I can add conditions for Approver and Approval State, but I don't see how to display the approver or state in the results -- I don't see the columns as options in the Column Display list.  Any help?  Should I be using something other that a query -- like a plan display or a report?

Comments
Kevin McBride commented Aug 19 '14, 2:48 p.m.

I've been looking at this more and have found that in a sandbox environment, I am able to see and select Approvals as a column for display.  Two differences I know between these environments is that in the sandbox I am a Product Owner, but in the production environment I am a Team Member.  And sandbox is version 4.0.4 and the sandbox is 4.0.6. 

sam detweiler commented Aug 19 '14, 3:23 p.m.

I don't see any difference between 4.x and 5.0..

you can output the list of approvals  on a workitem, but not the approver(s)  or its state.

Kevin McBride commented Aug 19 '14, 4:05 p.m.

Thanks Sam, any idea why I would not be able to see the Approvals column in my list of available columns to display?  Shows on one system, but not on the other.  

sam detweiler commented Aug 19 '14, 4:17 p.m.

I have 4.0.1, 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.0.6 and 5.0 installed here for testing..

using the web UI I only see approvals in the 5.0 query editor.

Kevin McBride commented Aug 19 '14, 4:22 p.m.

Thanks again!  I see it on 4.0.6, so my next question for you would be do you have the same role / permissions on all those systems?  If so, then the reason for Approvals showing up must not be related to version or role.

sam detweiler commented Aug 19 '14, 4:35 p.m.

Ok, there it is on 4.0.6. my fault.. when I setup the server I forgot that I had 4.0.1 on the same port.. this time 4.0.1 came up first.. so it won the race.

I am just jazzadmin on all these instances

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Aug 19 '14, 3:54 p.m.
To my knowledge this is not available.  There is an open enhancement that I submitted:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=326767  "Allow Approver of an approval record to be in the available output columns"

Comments
Kevin McBride commented Aug 19 '14, 4:00 p.m.

Thanks.  The list of approvals would be a good start, but for some reason I am not even seeing the Approvals column in my list of columns to display in my production environment.  I can see it and add it in my sandbox environment, but I don't know what the difference is between the two that is causing the limitation in production.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.