It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Service Unavailable Error When Loading Team Members

Dave Evans (14812646) | asked Aug 19 '14, 10:21 a.m.
edited Aug 19 '14, 4:31 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)

Greetings,

We have created a project area to act as a help desk ticketing system in RTC. Because of this, we have about 1600 users in the project area. When we view the "Overview" tab of the Project Area Configuration page, the first 5 members show, and at the bottom of the Members section, a "Loading More Members..." message is displayed. After about 60 seconds, an error appears: "Error fetching the members of <project name> from the repository." The details sai "Service Unavailable. The service is temporirily unavailable. Please try again later."

My question is, is there some cross-server timeout, or another timeout that I can increase which will prevent the error? Either way, it seems a bit absurd that the system is not capable of fetching the user names and process roles of only 1,500 people. I would understand a little bit if it was relying on LDAP queries, and maybe it is and that is the underlying problem?

Thanks,

Dave

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Aug 19 '14, 10:37 a.m.

Hi Dave,
jazz.net server uses much more users, I believe. They are only grouped by roles. It seems that your error is truncated. Can you provide screen shot with error message and also look for an error in ccm.log file at the same time? Please provide entire stack trace from ccm.log (including "caused by" statements).

Dave Evans commented Aug 19 '14, 11:42 a.m.

Screenshot of error...

I actually am not seeing any error in the ccm.log on a repeatable basis when the failure occurs... I just ran the error just now and nothing was inserted into the log.

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Aug 20 '14, 2:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Dave,
please use Firefox and Firebug - Net tab and console - to provide more details about the error.
As we're fetching users, I would suspect to find corresponding error in the jts.log file,
not in the ccm.log.

You may send me all the above by email - eric_jodet@fr.ibm.com

Thanks,
Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.