It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is dojox.data.XmlStore available with RTC 4.0.5?

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Aug 18 '14, 3:57 p.m.
I am writing a calculated attribute script and using the following library, dojox.data.XmlStore.  I have the lines:
dojo.require("dodjox.data.XmlStore");  When I mouse over .XmlStore in FireFox Firebug.  It gives the label undefined.

So, is this library available?  Or is there another library that I can use to read xml files similar to HTTP Value Set providers?

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 18 '14, 9:08 p.m.
You can add "?debug=true" to the URL to reveal all the available JavaScript sources, as described in the "Test It" section of the below article.
https://jazz.net/library/article/1360
No dojox.data.XmlStore.js can be seen unfortunately. The closer ones are dojox.data.dom.js and dojox.xml.DomParser.js.

Comments
Robert Carter commented Aug 19 '14, 9:54 a.m.

Is there a way to do XML processing with the .data library? 

Donald Nong commented Aug 19 '14, 8:12 p.m.

Check the two JavaScript files that I mentioned in my previous post. If you are doing attribute customization, the data that you get should be in DOM format anyway.

Robert Carter commented Aug 20 '14, 12:10 p.m.

I am trying to retrieve a XML file like with the HTTP Value stores.  And then parse it to calculate my value.  Is this possible with another function in Dojo? 

permanent link
Jonas Studer (207917) | answered Aug 19 '14, 4:38 a.m.
Hy Robert,

First, I think you might have a typo-error...
It's called "dojox" and not "doDjox" --> There's a d too much.

But in future I'll show you a little trick to check if something is loaded or not.

1: Require how you want it.
dojo.require("dojox.data.XmlStore");

2: Make a variable out of it. (Between, "(function(){"  and "dojo.declare()")
var XmlStore = dojox.data.XmlStore;

3: Now you just can "console.log()" it.
console.log(XmlStore);

4: If there are shown some functions (or just one). It was probably loaded.

----And Donald told it right----
For more information, you can use "?debug=true" in your URL to get more adequate informations.

P.S.
To prevent more questions. Watch this link. There's a list of useful links to watch about Dojo.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/157077/does-someone-has-usefull-links-for-dojojs#160529

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.