It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I want to capture save operation event of plan module using rtc sdk 4.0 to develop RTC Server side plugin

Jonan Kamble (112) | asked Aug 14 '14, 6:42 a.m.
edited Aug 14 '14, 6:47 a.m.
 We want to catch plan save operation , to get plan start date , end date and to populate it in some custom fields
using RTC SDK 4.0

Requesting ppl to please help , as its an urgent requirement

Thanks in advance

Comments
Robert Wen commented Aug 14 '14, 7:04 a.m.

I'm not sure I follow.  A plan's start date and end date is always going to follow the iteration for which that plan is associated.  That will never change. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 19 '14, 8:06 a.m.
do you mean that your plugin does not get triggered on the Save Plan Server operation?

these two operations from the table Ralph mentioned (first two in the table)

Save Plan Planning RTC server com.ibm.team.apt.server.saveIterationPlan The Save Plan operation is executed whenever a plan is saved in the repository.
Save Plan Snapshot Planning RTC server com.ibm.team.apt.server.saveSnapshot The Save Plan Snapshot operation is executed whenever a Plan Snapshot is saved in the repository.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Claudio Gonzalez (21141) | answered Oct 23 '15, 8:27 p.m.
 Hi Jonan,

Can you please tell me how you are getting the plan info after you intercept "Save Plan" operation? We were able to intercept the "Save Plan" but we could get any info about the plan,

Thanks

permanent link
Jonan Kamble (112) | answered Sep 01 '14, 4:44 a.m.
Hi All, 

We are now able to catch plan save operation
Really appreciate your help and guidance

Thanks a lot!!!

Jonan Kamble  

permanent link
Jonan Kamble (112) | answered Aug 19 '14, 3:12 a.m.
  Hi Ralph,
Thanks for your reply. 
The  project is base of formal process template and we are using RTC 4.0.1.
We are trying to capture planned start and end dates of work item that are modified after we take planned snapshot in RTC plan. 
These dates are not stored in database but we have reporting requirements bases on these dates. 
We can access these dates using REST API but now with plugin development we want to put these dates in two custom time-stamp attributes then will produce reports using BIRT.
But main problem is we cannot detect save operation on plan after we take snapshot. The save operation of plan is only detected when work item in plan is modified. 
Can you please help us with method, class in java api we should look for this save operation of plan. 

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Jonan

Comments
Jonan Kamble commented Aug 20 '14, 6:44 a.m.

HI Sam,

Thanks for your reply
We are actually new to RTC plugin development.
We had previously created a plugin which works on workitem save operation
by implementing IOperationParticipant on followup action 
using extension point : com.ibm.team.process.service.operationParticipants

However we dont know which interface we should implement to trigger plan save operation /snapshot save operation 
and how to attach right extension point for this .

Thanks and Regards,
Jonan Kamble

Jonan Kamble commented Aug 20 '14, 6:46 a.m. | edited Aug 20 '14, 6:50 a.m.

sam detweiler commented Aug 20 '14, 8:07 a.m.

the architecture of the plugin is the same..

you are still implementing the operationSave participant..
but in the plugin.xml, the operation you respond to is different.(and of course the data too)  you should really take the self paced downloadable workshops

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 01 '14, 3:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As Sam states, you basically need to trigger on a different save operation - for the plan and not the work item. These dates are stored in the plan snapshot and not in the work items. Please be aware that there is no public API for plans and you have to use internal API that can be subject to change.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 14 '14, 7:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am also not sure what you intend to do. The Plan API is pretty much internal API. I am also not sure where you want to put the data. Your question is not very detailed.

Not sure when exactly the operation Plan Save (server) is called. Here is where you have to start anyway:

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/

The operation definitions you need: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CustomPreconditionsTable#operations

More links here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/interesting-links/

The blog has examples for advisors and participants for other extension points, however the approach should be very similar.

Comments
Jonan Kamble commented Aug 19 '14, 3:13 a.m.

Please check my comment below 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.