It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Active Directory integration using scm commands

satish chandra (111921) | asked Aug 14 '14, 2:54 a.m.
 Hi,

I have an requirement to use Rational Team Concert source control on linux environment and we decided to use scm commands.
The question is how can I automatically login into scm automatically when I connect to repository from SCM commands using active directory 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 14 '14, 3:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you use the SCM commands, you provide the repository URL, the user and the password. The server validates the user and the password against Active Directory/LDAP and you are good to go.

So I guess, I don't understand the question.

Comments
satish chandra commented Aug 14 '14, 4:52 a.m.

Thank you for the reply..

To give more info on the requirement,
I need a linux script in which I can connect to repository automatically (without user and password)
That means when I login into a linux server to do source control activities and when I call this linux script it should take automatically credentials, do check-in, deliver etc.

Hope, this is clear, please let me know how this can be possible..

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 14 '14, 5:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You will always need to login with a user and a password. there is no anonymous login. this would be a severe security breach.

The SCM commandline stores user and credentials.
See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/74823/how-to-pass-an-encrypted-password-file-to-scm-cli or other posts https://www.google.de/search?q=scm+password+site%3Ajazz.net

You might be able to use this somehow, however, there will have to be at least one login. This information is also used to identify the person that checks in and delivers and is stored in the SCM history.

You could use a technical user and store the password somewhere, but would loose he information of the real user that way.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.